31 July 2008

Coercion

Last year's Standard Chartered Run was really fun--when I was physically there at the running area. Prior to that, the training was a royal pain in the derrière, and I bet I was a real pain to those people who were trying to get me to do a semblance of training for the run (flashback: Intuition dragging me, kicking and screaming, out of my house, jogging for 10minutes then walking the rest of the way whining "I'm tired! I don't want to do this anymore! FLABS BE DAMNED.")

This year, I received an email from StandChart saying that there will be a discount! for repeat runners! and the inner aunty in me simply cannot pass up a good deal like that. This means that I must sign up pronto! I WILL BE SAVING $10! And so I asked Intuition if he could kindly sign me up for it.

And he called and told me he signed me up for the 21km run.

As if that was not bad enough, he said,"I'm wondering whether I should pay for you. Don't get me wrong, I would be more than willing to pay the fees for you, it's just that I'm afraid that if you get this for free, you may not have a sense of ownership for it and you won't train! Then what's the point right? So you pay me back for this okay?"

... I am Quirkie, hear me whine.

No comments: